simplytvb
happy 3rd anniversary
entries about ep reviews series reviews



Divas in Distress Review

Name: Divas In Distress/巴不得媽媽
Episodes: 22
Genre: Modern
Cast: Liza Wang, Gigi Wong, Chin Ka Lot, Him Law, Mandy Wong, Chung King Fai, Eliza Sam

My Comments:
Seeing the promo clips, I was looking forward to seeing this, it seemed like an interesting one to watch. Well, it wasn't bad at all ^^ Like many people, I enjoyed watching Him and Mandy's relationship the most. They are just so cute. There were many sweet scenes of them in the whole series. And especially when I was watching the beginning parts of this drama, I've always anticipated Him and Mandy scenes. At first I thought Liza would be against them the whole way and they will be in love after a few episodes, coz they developed so quickly, I thought it might be possible. But thankfully, there were more cute and developing scenes of them and Liza learns to not be against their relationship anymore and even get them to go Japan together :) 
I thought Liza and Gigi fighting all the time was funny and sometimes entertaining but Liza sometimes is really over the board, like how she made Chin Ka Lot swears to his wife's grave that he will not love anyone else in his life except her. Glad she turned out realising her wrong doings and made up with Gigi. I thought they were gonna make up near the end of the series but it wasn't that close to the end. :) 
I didn't like watching Eliza and Chin Ka Lot at first, they were a really boring couple in the beginning but I slowly grew to enjoy them a bit more. But still, Him and Mandy ftw :D
Like many people, I really liked watching So Gei, he was hilarious. He did a great job portraying this character, thought it was so funny how he and Chin Ka Lot's boss started to dance and started going out. She wore a dress at the end!! That was hilarious. 
I didn't like how Chung King Fai (So Gei's long lost father lol) thought he was gay and disliked it so much. He deserved the slap from Mimi. But their storyline was sort of touching.. 
Also thought the end of world thing at the end was pretty random. But it was really sweet seeing how everyone was with their loved ones. :)


Characters:
Liza Wang (Sheung Ying Hung) - Like I said earlier, I didn't like her character all along in the beginning. She was against everything, especially when she got all crazy and even slapped Michel and stuff. But yea, she had psychological problems then. It was better after she recovered. But didn't like how she didn't admit she was wrong to nearly cause Gigi and her husband to divorce. 

Gigi Wong (Miu Sing Ho) - I prefer Gigi's character over Liza's. Shes not as mannered and everything than Liza's character but she's just better. I'm like thinking of all these chinese words, but I cant translate them to english properly.. o.o Does anyone get that feeling LOLXD Anyway.. Gigi's kinda funny, LOVED how she was doing the laundry.. she was practically putting the clothes ON the thingy and her husband then fixes it for her. Watch it if u don't get me, ik i have weird explanation. 

Chin Ka Lot (Chong Ka Long) - Well, his character wasn't all that interesting for me xD It was funny how he used Eliza's bra for his arm though. ^^

Him Law (Chak Yau Sing/Vincent) - I liked Him's character, well not exactly his personality and everything but i like how he really loves Mandy so much. He's done so much for her. Tho he's pretty arrogant. The end was weird how he suddenly decided to leave her.. when he was the one following around her so much. He loves her SO much but he decides to leave her?! A bit unrealistic.. 

Mandy Wong (Kwai Yi Hei) - Yes, I also liked Mandy. But didn't like how she kept pushing him away and not accepting him very much despite liking him. It dragged their relationship a bit. It was nice seeing her chase after him at the end though. Glad he didn't leave ^^ Sadly, they didn't get to kiss D: Thought they were gonna but.. Apple got in the way... :/

Eliza Sam (Heung Nai Hing/Hannah) - I didn't like Eliza at first. Thought her acting was so fake in the beginning. Maybe was because of her cantonese? It sounds like she's having a stop in between all her words, it sounded weird to me. But maybe I got used to it slowly? She turned okay. Liked how she was so brave to chase after Chin Ka Lot. But the car accident and losing memory was SO typical... not really necessary though. Thought it was kinda weird she and Mimi started to speak in english to argue o.o


Favorites: 
Actor: n/a
Actress: Both lead are good but I liked Gigi more :)
Least Favorite Character: n/a
Funny Character: So Gei
Improved Character: n/a
Scenes: Him&Mandy scenes
My rate to this series: 7.5/10


Worth Watching?
I thought it was overall a pretty enjoyable series to watch. Nothing too serious, just another modern comedy. If you haven't watched it. I suggest you watch it for Him&Mandy. It's worth it! (Y). ;D 



← previous / / next →