simplytvb
happy 3rd anniversary
entries about ep reviews series reviews



Series Review: D.I.E

Name: D.I.E/古靈精探
Episodes: 25
Cast: Roger Kwok, Sonija Kwok, Derek Kwok, Kenneth Ma, Margie, Kitty YuenSynopsis:
The "Death Investigation Extension (D.I.E.)" in the police force was established to accommodate those who have been sent away by their supervisors. As everybody knows, members of the Extension are to investigate unsolved cold cases. YUE CHI-LONG (Kwok Chun On), who has cracked a large number of difficult cases by extrasensory means, is assigned to the D.I.E. believing that he will get promoted soon. Later LONG finds out that his supervisor still has a long way to go before he reaches retirement age. Hoping to leave the Extension as soon as possible, he gets to solve a lot of intriguing cases. New appointee YING CHING-CHING (Kwok Sonija) is a good-looking girl but she means to act tough and sassy in front of others. She takes an uncompromising stand over every case she deals with, which leads her into constant quarrels with LONG. The relationship between the pair is deteriorating day after day.LONG's elder sister, YUE CHI-CHING (Tsang Wah Sin), has been living with him. While investigating an old case, LONG gets to find his long-lost father YUE TAI-HOI (Leung Ka Yan). Through close collaboration with LONG, CHING-CHING has gradually developed affection for him. As she is still torn between LONG and her two-timing boyfriend SHING KA-TSUN (Ma Kwok Ming), LONG has started to try to avoid her without rhyme or reason. Feeling so confused about what is happening, CHING-CHING decides to do some probing and is shocked to discover that LONG has been dogged by a female ghost called SIU SIN (Yuen Kitty).

My Comments: I love this series!! Its really good, it got the highest ratings!! I heard they might make a sequel, hope they'll comfirm it, i wanna see one! I watched both sad and happy endings, i like the happy one more, though it was kinda hilarious, and even so, the sad ending was sad but it wasn't that hilarious. I really liked where Kitty Yuen said she gave teh baby a bowl of rice him to eat before he was born! HAHAS, Roger and Sonija was wondering why the baby grew so fast after it was born, with a heavy weight, grown hair and looks so big. I liked how they combined 'Dicey Business' and a little of 'Wars of in Laws II' to the happy ending. Derek was pretending to be 'CC' again from Wars of in Laws II. And Bobby Au Yeung as his character from Dicey Business. Anyway, the cases from this series is actually quite easy to solve, it only took one ore two episodes to solve, only the second case took longer. No offense but I think Kitty Yuen's character is kinda useless but then it's kinda funny when she keeps saying that Roger and Sonija can't be together and all this stuff. Sonija's character is quite stubborn and impaient but it was quite funny when she keeps chasing after 'da hal ying' but always ending up failing. Btw, have you relasied that Roger, Sonija and Derek are all the same surname?? All Kwok!! The Kwok family D.I.E!! hahas just joking...

Mian Cast Thoughts:
Roger Kwok: I like seeing when theres a case and then he touches something and then he can see something and can help the cases. Now I like seeing Roger Kwok more, hope to see him more at TVB.

Sonija Kwok: Before starting watching this series, I didn't really like Sonija but after watching it, I think she's actually okay but maybe its her hair or something, it just makes her look older. Maybe should leave it out, but then she acts a tomboy.

Kenneth Ma: His character is okay, lots of his series recently, improved alot, start to like him more and more after SL2, i don't usually like Kenneth's character but not I only like SL2's chracter and D.I.E's character. It was funny in the happy ending where Nancy suggests to use Kenneth's life to help Roger and Sonija get together.

Derek Kwok: I like his character in there, i also liked him and Margie together, so cute, better with Joyce Tang I think. But I guess people prefer Joyce. He improved more than his other series I've seen.

Favorites:
Actor: Roger Kwok
Actress: Sonija Kwok
Least Favorite Character: Wong Sir, so annoying
Couple: Roger and Sonija, Derek and Margie
Scene: Heaps, especially funny scenes
My rate to this seres: *****

Worth Watching?!
Yes, of coruse, for those who skipped, you should really watch it, it mgith be pointless to you but it's a really good series, you can tell by the ratings!

← previous / / next →