simplytvb
happy 3rd anniversary
entries about ep reviews series reviews



Sergeant Tabloid

Name: Sergeant Tabloid/女警愛作戰
Episodes: 21 (Warehoused - not aired in HK)
Genre: Police, Modern
Cast: Niki Chow, Michael Tse, Mandy Wong, Matthew Ko etc

My Comments:
Well, this never interested me when I heard about this drama being filmed. When I first started it, I thought Michael was going to play a police again. His hairstyle and everything made it look like, it can be kinda misleading in the beginning until he revealed he was a journalist. It's quite refreshing seeing him play a journalist, he's a very smart journalist and one of those that kind of write the worst things ever... but then he's not that bad O.o if you get me?! lol. But anyway, the drama wasn't anything very interesting to me, it also didn't seem like it had much of a storyline too. At first when I saw Elaine's appearance, I thought it would be something more interesting, like those usual police dramas where the last case is always interesting but nup, it was something not so exciting and Elaine died too. In fact, this drama didn't really have much of cases like others where they go find the murderer or culprit. It was more focused on other things and they emphasised about "Sing Lui" a lot... like how HK people call girls that are still not married i think?! Or something similar. I liked the contrast of Vincent's appearance though. How he appeared in the beginning and end. 

Characters:
Niki Chow (Lui Fei Hap) - Niki's character was a very nice person where she would always help others before herself. I find lots of her characters having similar personality. I enjoyed watching her and Michael bicker. In fact they bicker a lot in this series. Usually main characters bicker for a while and then they become friends and stop kinda? But they really bickered like heaps lol. I didn't really like how Matthew liked her in the beginning lol. 

Michael Tse (Lam Yat Yat/A1) - I liked how Michael was always smart and also out smarted everyone else in his workplace. I guess his ways of showing media IS a little overboard but then, it will allow the public know the truth and yea, I didn't find it such a BIG deal but they made it sound a little big. I think I missed the episode that he and Niki started to go out and the christmas snowing scene. I thought the ending part was a little rushed and usually in such situation, it would be that girl (one abt to marry A1) to tell Niki the truth. But to be honest, I thought that girl's character seriously served no purpose throughout the drama. I didn't like her character either, just when they're finally good and yea, she sticks her butt in and try to make Michael to take "responsibility" to her and that baby which is not even hers. She plays innocent, I really don't like her, she's one hell of an annoying character... I found her annoying already from her first appearance, oh peter this and oh peter that.... -__- 

Mandy Wong (Szeto Kiu) - Mandy was a very strict police in the beginning, sometimes you might think she goes a bit overboard. I liked her more when she started to open her heart to the others and became friends with them. I didn't like her father very much for opposing to everything she wants to do, but finally she faced reality and told him what she wants to do. 

Matthew Ko (Wong Tze Tsuen) - Typical immature character but I guess not THAT immature. I liked his first appearances how he was trying to kill the fly when talking to Mandy. It was nice seeing Mandy getting interested in him so fast :) It was also nice seeing how he didn't give up on her

Favourites:
Actor: Michael Tse
Actress: Niki Chow
Least Favorite Character: That nurse girl
Funny Character: N/A
Couple: Michael & Niki
Scenes: None in particular
My rate to this series: 5.5/10

Worth Watching?
Well, I personally didn't like it all that much but it seems many other people enjoyed it and there's going to be a sequel?! Which was pretty shocking... But anyway, i think theres other better dramas you could consider watching than this one... 


← previous / / next →