simplytvb
happy 3rd anniversary
entries about ep reviews series reviews



Beauty Knows No Pain Review
Name: Beauty Knows No Pain/女人最痛
Episodes: 20
Genre: Modern
Cast: Michelle Yim, Maggie Cheung, Joyce Tang, Joe Ma, Dominic Lam, Power Chan, Elena Kong

My Comments:
It didn't look very interesting at first but when you start watching it, it's kinda okay. The ending of the series was alright, it wasn't as satifying though, but I guess that's what Jackie deserves since she has done so much wrong things. I really had a feeling that Jackie won't end up with anyone and I was right. I wanted her to be with Ah Nick since they loved each other so much. But the Ah Nick can't stand the things she had done. Well, I don't think anyone can.
I didn't expect to see Elaine in the last scene as a guest role. She dresses up a bit like Jackie from the beginning and comes to PDSD from "KaKa" just like how Jackie did from the past. Her personality is just like Jackie too. Glad to see Elaine in that last scene haha.
Overall the series was okay, it was more interesting in the middle and beginning but I think it kinda went a bit down. It isn't a must watch series though.

Characters:
Michelle Yim (Noble Wong/Mrs. Cash) - Michelle says she, Bibi and Jackie are good friends, I can see that but in the end, they made it sound like their bond was really unbreakable or very strong, it didn't really seem much like that to me. They had more scenes of fighting over each other than their friendship to me?? Or is it just me?

Maggie Cheung (Jackie Sha) - Jackie really has done so many things to 'win' Winning isn't everything, she sacrifices for the title of 'Asia Pacific CEO' She lost Ah Nick and her friends. But her friends eventually forgave her. :) I don't hate her character, I find her character to be quite interesting to watch but she wants to win too much.

Joyce Tang (Bibi Yue) - I enjoyed watching how Joyce starts off as an 'ugly' woman and turns into someone very beautiful. I looked forward to seeing how 'Chi lam' would fall in love with her. It was okay I guess, it wasn't as interesting as a expected it to be.

Joe Ma (Nick Ko) - Lol, Joe is always surnamed Ko.... talll.. lol. I think it's really a pity how Ah Nick and Jackie got back together after so many obstacles and now in the end, the same thing happens again. Because of work, they get separated again. We can see Ah Nick really cared for Jackie. At first I thought that Jackie would be the 3rd wheel into Joe and JJ but I guess I was wrong ^^

Dominic Lam (Vincent Chin/Mr Cash) - I liked his character in the beginning and the end. In the middle, he was just so mean to Michelle. It's no wonder that Michelle wants to divorce with him. If he kept trying and not trying to force her, she might reconsider it. But no, he went and forced her and etc. But I guess we can see that he still loves her in the end where he covers the vase to protect her and the baby. I find that very cute ^^ And I thought they were going to be together, but close. But I seriously don't get that 'Chau Gor's character is for......?!?!!??!?! (The one that helps Michelle all the time, gives her soup during her pregnancy etc)

Power Chan (Chi Lam) - I looled when I heard his name was Chi Lam! XD I wonder why it's Chi Lam, that's funny. Well, his character was funny and entertaining to watch. I find it very funny how at 7:30 I see the funny Power and at 8:30 I see the very serious Power from Growing Through life XD

Elena Kong (Angle Hung/Angela Auntie) - I like her nickname! Haha. I see people mimicking her, that was funny! XD I enjoy watching Elena even though sometimes she's quite annoying. At first I disliked her but then I started enjoying watching her. I love how she says those english like "Cannot, cannot!" Haha. I personally think Elena did a very good job!! XD

Favorites:
Actor: Joe Ma
Actress: Maggie Cheung
Least Favorite Character: -
Funny Character: Either Chi Lam or Angela Auntie
Couple: -
Scenes: Don't particular have a fave
My Rate to this series: 6.5/10

Worth Watching?
As I said before, it's not a must watch series. I don't think the cast is appealing but the series is OKAY to watch, some enjoying scenes.

← previous / / next →