simplytvb
happy 3rd anniversary
entries about ep reviews series reviews



Linda Chung thought of killing herself due to stress
Linda Chung thought of killing herself due to stress


Linda Chung thought of killing herself due to stress
Linda Chung has been a spokesperson of a chinese health product brand for almost a year. She was in the studio yesterday to flim a commercial for the company's new mental health product.

Depression because of not adapting to new enviroment
Speaking of mental health,Linda Chung disclosed that she had suffered depression after had won Miss Chinese International and was being invited to work in Hong Kong. She said when she just moved into Hong Kong,she took a long time to adapt to the new enviroment,she is very lonely and have no friends around. Her workload is very heavy and have to handle alot of things. Because she is a public figure,she hides her feelings and dare not tell the people,gradually because of hiding her unhappiness in her heart for a long time,she almost went crazy.

Long period of not venting her anger made her almost crazy

She told the reporters yesterday that there was once because she was stress,she screamed while washing her face in the washroom at TVB's studio. She became very afraid and frightened because she didn't know why she had scream so suddenly,after the screaming incident,she will hide herself at her hostel and cry loudly. Luckily she was awakened and feel that she should not run away from her problems,she shared her thoughts and feelings with her friends and tried to relax herself by accepting lesser jobs. She also went to the Psychiatrist to cure her depression.

Encourage people to face problems

Linda also expressed that because Hong Kong is a fast paced country,its unavoidable for people to meet with stress and pressure.She encouraged the people to relax themselves and confront their stress in a optimistic way.She also advises that people need to face their problems and not hide it,they should not be afraid to go to the Psychiatrist if they need help.

Sucide because too much stress from her work
Asked if Linda had thought of suicide when she is depressed before,she said "I have actually thought of killing myself after fliming my first 3 series with TVB.[Virtues Of Harmony,Always Ready,Bitter Bitten] I can't seemed to relax myself,the jobs just keep comming non-stop. In the end,i tried to give up and end myself. But i when i was thinking of sucide,i found out that i don't have the courage to die. Scenes of my family,my fans and friends flashed across my mind,i have to thank them for enlightening me."(Were you stressed because people criticized about your acting skills?)[i]"Poor acting skills was one of the reasons,but the main reasons was because people had influenced me to set high expectations on myself,i was always fighting with myself and took 'perfection' very seriously,the another factor was because i don't know how to communicate with the people. Now that i learn to trust the staffs and friends,i feel very relaxed. I also learnt that there are no problem that is unable to be solved."

Source: Oriental Daily,Mingpao
Credits: Asian Fanatics, aZnangel @ http://asianuniverse.net/


My Comments: OMG! This news is so shocking! I never thought she actually thought of dieing?!?! Lucky she didn't in the end. I think alot of other artists got stressed before too, being an actress/actor is very tiring I guess. So many functions and stuff to do. Anyway, just felt like sharing this with everyone so I decided to post it.

← previous / / next →